The same hard work & dedication you have for your hair works in other aspects of LIFE too!
Running has recently become part of my daily routine. Yes...every morning I dread my 1 mile run but "getting out there" is the hardest part. Once I'm on the trail my goal is to get it done! What has really helped me is the NIKE+ app on my iPhone. I've synced it to my social media pages and even added my friends! The app definitely keeps me motivated.
As I'm a beginner, I can give you some beginner's tips!
1. Buy good running shoes. Comfort is a must!
2. Focus on distance not time. Also try to run for one minute and then jog or walk the next. Go back and forth like that until you finish your workout.
3. On my off days I workout at home on abs, legs or arms.
4. Join a running group or follow running social media pages.
5. If you skip a day or two don't get discouraged. Get back out there.
WORKOUT HAIR // For my hair I like wear a puff (tied with a Goody hair band). First of all its my favorite style even when walking. Ha ha! A puff always saves the day. But for running or working out it really pulls the curls up and out of the way. They aren't resting directly on our sweaty scalp. The roots of my hair of course get sweaty. After my workout I keep the puff in place for 30 minutes or so. This allows the roots & scalp to dry. Once completely dry its safe to take the puff down and shape your afro back to perfection.